Writer, film maker and public speaker
Brenda Ní Shúilleabháin is a public speaker, as Seán O'Casey would say "of perspicacity and gumption". Her humour, her empathy, her quickwitted humour makes her a pleasure in any environment. When speaking in public, she interacts with her audience, bringing them on a journey with her. Her topics stem from her work in collection of oral history, as well, of course, as from her broad experience as a school headmistress (they hear everything), and her travels from Outer Mongolia to Timbouctou.
ICC, Chicago IL.
ICC, Springfield MA.
Iona College, NY.
Sacred Heart University, Connecticut.
Boston Irish Society.
Elms College, MA.
"The Blaskets in the Visual Arts", at Blasket Centre Conference.
University of Limerick Womens' Day.
University College Cork Irish faculty.
Cork Film Centre.
Organised and chaired 1798 commemorative forum, with Martin Mansergh, Chris McGimpsey, Frank Harte et al.
At Elms College, speaking on The Men of Ventry
- An Gailearaí, Falcarragh, Donegal: May 2013
- Guided Trip to London: National Gallery and Tate Modern, April 2013
- WHAI conference, UL, Limerick, April 2013
ACIS conference, SHU, Connecticut, October 2012
IBAM conference, Chicago, October 2012
ELMS, Springfield MA, October 2012
- Launch of splendid exhibition of works by Carol Cronin, 2014. She paints the soul of the sea.
- Planned trip: Perugino trail - details to follow.
- Guided tour of Bologna, Ravenna, Ferrara, with a side trip to Cambridge and King's College Chapel. 2015
- Course on Modernism in Ireland, an Gailearaí, Eanair 2014.
- Modernism in Ireland, an Cultûrlann, Bóthar na bhFál , Béal Feirste, Aibreán 2014.
- Guided tour of Paris 2010
- Guided Tour of Florence 2006
- Guided Tour of Venice, 2005
- History of European Art Lecture Series: 2004, 2005.
- Guided Tour of Rome, Spring 2000
Launching Máire Áine Nic Gearailt's book at Féile na Bealtaine, 2012.